Monday, September 30, 2013

I Forgot Again

I've have not forgotten how much I forget...Ok. Sometimes I do forget. Seems like I  am losing it. I  call myself to leave me messages at home and at work. I'll ask my husband to leave me a note to remind me. It's happening to me.

I once  prided myself for remembering phone numbers and birthdays. I blame technology for that. Now I talk into my phone or into  my dashboard. No more mnemonic tricks or memory games to help me remember.

Is technology making my life easier or is it dumbing me down? Now when I want to know something I just Google it.  It took less time for Beth to Google the answer than it took me to look it up in Strunk and White!  I learned but it took me a couple of years to remember to just Google it.

Here's my plan...if I remember it. As I age (gracefully), I'll play some brain games like crossword puzzles or Sudoku. If I'm stuck, I'll Google the answers. So much easier.   Plus I'll nap. Research indicates that an hour nap increases memory, alertness and productivity. I'll try napping... Right now so I don't forget. After all, I do want  a productive afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment