Thursday, January 2, 2014

More for me in 2014

Here we go. 2014 and am I excited. With age, comes wisdom (sometimes).
I am not making any resolutions. I am however focusing on one word to help me stay right and centered... I saw this on TV and thought it was a better way to help myself and not beat me up breaking any guilt-instilled resolutions. My word is better. Better choices, better relationships, better driving,  better me. How I get the "better" is my challenge. Whats yours?

I am relaxing on some  old, broken resolutions.

1. I will be leaving messages in my inbox.  I don't  have to always be on.. And I don't want to ... You can... but don't put your expectation on me.
2. I have gained 5 pounds since November....-- OK maybe 10. It's ok. I'll do something when I do.
3. I will eat rolos, yodels and anything else I fell like. I'm an adult!
4. I shan't panic if I leave my phone at home. I'll get it... I live there.
5. I don't sweep my kitchen floor everyday and I don't push a vacuum every week. It's ok if spend my time doing things I choose to like napping!
6. I can stay in bed in the morning and lull around.... I can even respond to emails form my bed. Who knows?
7. I don't like the gym, don't love spinning. Please stop asking me to go.....
8. I love meeting friends for lunch! I need to get away from my desk to laugh.
9.I enjoy my DD pumpkin spice once a day and if I want two cups, I'm going for it and live on the edge. 10. 10. Ill take some vacation time - even alone -  to do what I want. How luxurious is that? I enjoy my own company!!! What a gift.
11. Go slow in the morning and meditate while petting Shila. Nothing better than just being! Try it.

For more info....

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/02/how-to-stress-less-2014_n_4519363.html?ir=GPS%20for%20the%20Soul


No comments:

Post a Comment